Wednesday, February 3, 2010

In the beginning

Once upon a time (actually quite recently) a fat girl (BMI = 38.9 aka very obese) decided it was time she really got serious about losing weight and getting fit. Hence this little journal.
Holy crap - just read that a bmi of 39 and above = morbidly obese. How is that possible?! I'm not one of "those" fat people. I seem them and think "Surely I'm not as big as that??!!" And somehow I have completely deluded myself into thinking that I'm fine - just plump... maybe even a bit fat but no way was I THAT big.

It makes me want to go to the doctor. I'm scared. I am 33 and if I don't do anything, I am more likely to die young than normal weight people..... and I'd guess the quality of my life would be less as well.

am majorly depressed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment